What is a Profile?
Netbiscuits Device Detection by default includes every parameter in our device database for the user’s device. To some, that might seem like overkill, so we created Profiles.
Profiles allow you to create subsets of parameters, so you can define exactly what you need to make the decisions you need to make. This also means that you and your users will download only the parameters that are needed, and none that aren’t.
How can I create a Profile?
- First of all, make sure you’ve created a Netbiscuits account and have logged in.
- If you’re all set there, and you have a Device Detection option working on your website, then you just need to go to the Profile Management page in my.netbiscuits.com.
- Next, click the Add & Manage Profiles button, give your new Profile a unique name, and click the Save button.
- Then select the parameters that you want included with the Profile you just created.
- You can either scroll through the list of parameters, or you can start typing something into the search box, and the list will automatically reduce itself as you type. Click and move parameters individually, or Ctrl+ / Cmd+Click and move multiple parameters at once.
- Once you have all the parameters selected, click the Save Changes button.
- You can now select your custom Profile on the Detection Code page, copy your JS code block, and start making use of your customized Profile!
With your new Profile filled with only the Device Detection parameters that you and your users need, you can easily access them via either our original API or our API 2.0, which are already available in our entire suite of Device Detection products!
So what are you waiting for?